Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Who knew my house was cleaned by a leprechaun?

So I am learning that I am not as good with Holidays as I thought I was. My neighbor blows me away with the creativeness with EVERY Holiday. Today was not a disappointment!!

So her 2 little boys and 1 little neighbor girl, came off the bus to green water in all the toilets, a compass in the mailbox to help them with their treasure hunt, green bags to put their goodies, and then a serious treasure hunt inside and outside. Oh... and their was green silly string all over their deck..... The leprechauns had taken pillows and stacked them up on the couch, put bottles of water and coke cans all of the kitchen in a crazy manner, and put things in odd places. The kids LOVED it and knew that the leprechaun must have hit our house as well (Ummm.... oh no, hear comes the thing that I may not be as "with it" when it comes to Holidays)

So we went on a walk back to my house to see what the leprechaun had done at my house, and I was nervous that they were going to be sadly disappointed, and tried to create my story as to why nothing at my house was out of the ordinary


The little kids walked in to my not so messy, not so clean house, and they KNEW that he had been their as well because so many things were "out of place"

They kept looking around my house and gasping when they would find things that HAD to have been done by this leprechaun...... My Bananas were out of place on the table? My 2 pillows were on one side of the couch instead one on each side! A light was left on in the bathroom, there was a guitar in cohen's room .... a definite sign of a leprechaun they LOVE guitars!!


But the funniest thing was when the kids went upstairs to make sure we didn't miss anything that this "little leprechaun" might have done in our house, so I decided to make Olivia a quick bottle before we left.

I put her in her swing and started making the bottle when the kids came down and totally started freaking out and in loud shreakish voices they pointed to Olivia and said "OHHHH MYYY GOOOSHHHH.... HOW DID SHE GET IN THE SWING.... SHE WASN'T THEIR WHEN WE WENT UPSTAIRS....... OHHH MYYY GOSHHHH THE LEPRECHAUN DID IT"


:) I want to be a kid again!!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

that is SO funny!

THE WELLNESS WELL said...

that is too funny! love it :)

Katie @ Heart Gone Walking said...

I LOVE this story! Even after reading it before AND hearing it from you, it still made me laugh out loud just now. :)