Thursday, July 24, 2008

How did I live before?!?!

Okay so I have two new loves!!! And one is this book :) I have seen it before and always thought I would want to try it but then I saw Jessica Seinfeld on Oprah and I was HOOKED!!!! I totally went a bought it the next day and was so excited to make dinners for my family with veggies hidden in them!! Well I didn't buy the Magic Bullet (which they recommend) I thought I have a blender and that will work just fine-
Well one of my first recipes were the brownies that have carrots and spinach in them-- What?!?! You may ask - I know I know I was nervous---- and well I should have been -- With using only my blender (which again I thought would be "good enough") I served my family and friends brownie with chunks of carrots in them -

yeah..... not the warm welcome I though it would be-- no one likes a brownie with carrots not so hidden in them-



So finally I decided that I need to give the Magic Bullet a try - so I tried to totally ignore the fact that I was going to be paying $50 for something that I didn't think was going to do any better then my current BLENDER








Was I ever wrong!!!!! Oh Lord how have I lived without this wonderful product called the Magic Bullet!! It is wonderful-- And now I can make Deceptively Delicious meals without my friends and family seeing the chunky veggies in their meals!!! The French Toast with Sweet Potatoes with a Huge hit with David, and so was the Potato Soup with Cauliflower-
I am loving it and am now a pureeing MASTER!!!


"what did you say David .... you would like a fruit smoothie, but you are running out the door for football practice.." No problem I will have one coming up in less than a minute!!!

I LOVE IT :)

7 comments:

nicole said...

that's so funny!!! i saw that same oprah show and actually ordered the book online as i sat there watching the show...still haven't gotten the book yet...but can't wait to use it. glad that someone can say "it works!!!"

Jen said...

I love you :)

You are so funny my dear and wow, that is great!

nicole said...

i got my book in the mail yesterday...i'm planning a nice little menu for sometime in the near future. can't do it right now...or my hubby would know...got it do it sly like!

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Sounds interesting, this magic bullet. Where do you find it?

I have success in hiding flax seed in lots of food, but I'm willing to hide more good stuff to make for healthier people!!

megan sanders said...

gregs mom made us chocolate cake with zucchini for his bday. i wish she had a magic bullet :)

actually my aunt lives and dies by that thing, she keeps telling me i need one and i will admit i have watched the infomercial several several times and thought about buying it. but i have a food processer so im hoping its almost as good. i make G's baby food and it works well enough for that. i bet the magic bullet would be great for that. naybe you will have to let us know your favorite recipe.

Katie said...

I got this book for Christmas and haven't made anything yet. You have inspired me!

Jenni said...

hi christina! I have had this book for awhile and have not tried anything out of fear of the whole puree-ing thing... i've just been overwhelmed i guess! So... tonight i am trying the lemon/raspberry cupcakes with beets and squash in it! I can't wait- i 'll let you know how it goes. :) Thanks for your post!