Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No longer just a Banana!!

Yesterday I was soo nervous, I got up, got David off to VBS- quickly came home and showered- played a game of basketball with Cohen ( because hello does he do anything else??) and patiently tried to calm myself before heading out at 10:00 for my 10:30 ultrasound appointment- I was soo nervous I couldn't eat breakfast and was shaking on the drive there, thinking-- Is this really happening, could I really be having a girl?? I was so excited that carried Cohen up two flights of stairs so that I would have to wait for him to slowly climb the stairs-- so there I am shaking with excitement and exhaustion from the stairs and the lady at the front desk calmly says-- Your appointment was scheduled for 10:00 and you were a no-show, so we now have to reschedule you for the next day- I started crying in the waiting room- I was sooo upset!! This was the moment I had been waiting for and now I had to wait AGAIN!!!! No that was not happening!!
I tried to calm myself to see our doctor but of course once I was in the exam room I broke down again-- Doesn't anyone else understand how big of a deal this is!!!!!! Praise the Lord they told me that just had a cancellation for a 4:00 - could we come back---
Ummmm HELLO I would come back no matter what!!!! So the rest of the day dragged on but finally 4:00 came and ALL 4 of us got to come to the appointment and see our beautiful new baby GIRL!!!!
I actually believe this was a total God thing, because now David got to be with us during the ultrasound and it was such a special thing for him to be there-- And God knows that I wouldn't have wanted it any other way !!!
Thank you God for taking care of every little detail in our lives-- You are amazing beyond belief- And thank you for the precious new baby inside of me - I promise to take care of all of them to the very best of my ability!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I cried as well when you shared the news with me yesterday. Then quickly texted Katie and told her to call/text you to find out the news.:)

I am SO happy for you!

Megan said...

YAY!!!! i'm so excited for you. CONGRATS!

Jenni said...

what a special story! I am so happy for you and your family. Love you!

Katie @ Heart Gone Walking said...

Once Jen texted me and I found out, I cried as well too. So so so happy for you guys. Halfway there!!!!

Katie said...

Yay! A girl! And I am not better than you at blogging - I just have WAY more time on my hands! :)

megan sanders said...

OH CHRISTINA! I am so so happy for you. I have no clue what it is like to have a son, amazing I am sure, but I can tell you having a daughter is so wonderful! You are in for so much fun, I know David and Cohen are going to spoil and protect their baby sister! What a lucky girl!