Friday, January 2, 2009

How will I ever do it??

Okay so this may be the most journally (is that a word) post I have written- so here it goes......

Having kids is such an amazing thing, and yet it is the most exhausting thing ever! I have two little ones, and one big one, and I am dying....... How do people do it? how did all my aunts that have a million kids do it? how do those moms that walk through the grocery store with four kids climbing on her and she seems fine do it? I can barely do it with 2 1/2 ( and i say david is a half because he is so grown up and independent ) that he is sooo easy ( until the 10 year old attitude creeps in, but that is a whole other post)

I know that I am a good mom, but it is soo easy to doubt all of that when you feel like it takes me all day to get a shower accomplished-- it is a whole new world by adding one more little one to the bunch - and i know with time it becomes easier but at this point- there feels that there is no end in sight--

so again I asked - how do all those moms with lots o' kids, still have their hair,their sanity, their teeth brushed, And a shower

3 comments:

Jen said...

You always seem on top of it and under control. :) And who hosts 50 plus people just after their little girl is born a week and half before. Not a wimpy woman for sure. :)

You are such a great Mom and hope I have half the energy you do when I become a Mom. Love you and miss you.

Jenni said...

oh girl, you are doing just fine. i don't have three... only two, but i remember these feelings shortly after jordan was born. todd and i firmly believe the first six weeks are about SURVIVAL. : ) You can do it!

Anonymous said...

I think Jen made some really good points. Don't be too hard on yourself. Try to get used to a new 'normal.' And don't compare yourself to other moms. DEADLY!

I didn't paint my nails (and numerous other vanities) for at least 10 years! : )

You'll never regret doing what you are doing. Keep up the good work!