Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How did it go by so fast??

So tonight my baby girl is sleeping in her new room tonight... UPSTAIRS while I am downstairs in my room next to an empty nursery... how did she go from this



to this




SOOOOO FAST


I have been soooo thrilled to get her big girl room ready for her.... and it's still in the works ( once auntie allie helps give her final touch to the room I will post pictures!)

But once she was up there and I walked down to her now empty room, with blue sailboats and blue baby toys ( yes I know I still have awhile before this boy comes to join our family but I am sooo not a procrastinater) I was soooo sad... how did it happen so fast? How do I go back and remember all the moments I never want to forget? I hope and pray that they stay with me forever but I know little by little they will fade, and new ones will be replaced.

Which is good


But there is still a part of me that is very sad tonight and will probably be for awhile- my sweeet baby girl is not so baby anymore- she stills lets me snuggle her, and kisses her face until she can't breathe, she still needs me toget her out of her crib, and change her diaper, she is still my baby girl even if her old room is empty and I can't hear her chattering in the room beside mine

change takes some getting used to

but i should be used to that

right....??

No comments: